Maps of Missouri are generally an important area of ancestors and family history research, particularly in case you live faraway from where your ancestor was living. Since Missouri political boundaries sometimes changed, historic maps are generally essential in assisting you discover the exact location of your ancestor’s home, exactly what land they owned, just who their neighbors were, and much more.
Maps of Missouri often have a tendency to be an excellent resource for starting out with your own research, since they provide considerably beneficial information and facts instantly. Missouri Maps are usually a major resource of significant amounts of information and facts on family history. The National Archives holds ward maps of Kansas City and St. Louis.
States bordering Missouri are Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Tennessee. Missouri’s 10 largest cities in Missouri are Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Independence, Columbia, Lee’s Summit, O’Fallon, St. Joseph, St. Charles and St. Peter’s.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Missouri Counties.
Interactive Map of Missouri County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of MissouriDisclaimer: All Missouri maps are free to use for your own genealogical purposes and may not be reproduced for resale or distribution.Source: David Rumsey Historical Map Collection
1776 Course Of The River Mississipi
1776 Course Of The River Mississipi, from the Balise to Fort Chartres Atlas Map
1814 Map of Missouri
1814 Map of Missouri Territory formerly Louisiana
1822 Map Of Missouri
1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of Missouri
1822 Map of Mississippi
1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of Mississippi
1827 Map of Missouri
1827 Map of the States of Missouri and Territory of Arkansas
1836 Atlas Map Of Missouri
1836 Atlas Map Of Missouri With Its Roads & Distances
1845 Missouri Map
1856 Missouri Map
1856 City Of St. Louis Missouri Map
1856 City Of St. Louis Missouri. (with) The City Of Chicago Illinois Map
1866 Map of Missouri
1880 Map of Missouri
1880 County & township map of the states of Iowa and Missouri
1880 St. Louis
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Missouri
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Missouri Map Links
- Missouri Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of Missouri (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Missouri Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Missouri Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed Early Land Ownership and Township Plats, 1785-1898 (search.ancestry.com)
- Gazetteer of the state of Missouri (search.ancestry.com)
- A gazetteer of the states of Illinois and Missouri (search.ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Missouri USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Missouri State University Libraries: Map Resources (library.missouristate.edu)
- Missouri Map Books (amazon.com)