Maps of Mississippi tend to be an important piece of ancestors and family history research, especially in the event you live far from where your ancestor was living. Given that Mississippi political borders frequently changed, historic maps tend to be critical in helping you find out the precise location of your ancestor’s hometown, exactly what land they owned, who their neighbors were, and much more.
Maps of Mississippi often are likely to be an exceptional source for starting out with your own research, simply because they provide you with substantially useful information and facts immediately. Mississippi Maps is usually a major resource of considerable amounts of information and facts on family history.
States the border Mississippi are Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee. Mississippi’s 10 largest cities are Jackson, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Southhaven, Biloxi, Meridian, Tupelo, Greenville, Olive Branch and Horn Lake.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Mississippi Counties.
County highway maps, produced by the Mississippi Department of Transportation, Map Sales Office, P.O. Box 1850, Jackson, MS 39215-1850, are available for a nominal fee. These maps are useful when trying to locate cemeteries in the state.
Interactive Map of Mississippi County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Mississippi
- 1776 Course Of The River Mississipi, from the Balise to Fort Chartres Map
- 1804 Mississippi Map
- 1814 Map of Mississippi Territory
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of Mississippi
- 1827 Map of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama
- 1836 Atlas Map Of Mississippi With Its Roads & Distances
- 1845 Mississippi Map
- 1856 Mississippi Map
- 1866 Sketch of the Public Surveys in the State of Mississippi –
- 1880 County map of the states of Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Mississippi
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Mississippi Map Links
- Mississippi Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of Mississippi (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Mississippi Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- Mississippi Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Mississippi USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Mississippi Map Books (amazon.com)