Maps of Rhode Island are an invaluable area of family history research, particularly in the event you live far from where your ancestor was living. Since Rhode Island political borders frequently changed, historic maps tend to be important in helping you discover the exact specific location of your ancestor’s hometown, exactly what land they owned, just who their neighbors ended up being, and much more.
Maps of Rhode Island typically are likely to be an outstanding resource for starting out with your own research, simply because they provide considerably beneficial information and facts right away. Rhode Island Maps can be a major resource of important amounts of information on family history.
Rhode Island borders Connecticut and Massachusetts. Rhode Islands 10 largest cities are Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket, East Providence, Woonsocket, Newport and Central Falls. Learn more about Historical Facts of Rhode Island Counties.
Contact us if you have a map of Rhode Island or link to a Rhode Island Map you would like to see listed.
Interactive Map of Rhode Island County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Rhode Island
These are scanned from the original copies so you can see Rhode Island and Rhode Island counties as our ancestors saw them over a hundred years ago. Some Rhode Island maps years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the avid genealogist in Rhode Island.
- 1776 Atlas Map of New England
- 1776 Atlas Map of Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut (Southern section)
- 1795 Map of Rhode Island
- 1804 Atlas Map of Rhode Island
- 1814 Atlas Map of Rhode Island
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of Rhode Island
- 1827 Map of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island
- 1845 Map of Rhode Island and Massachusetts
- 1856 Connecticut With Portions Of New York & Rhode Island Map
- 1856 Massachusetts And Rhode Island. (with) Vicinity of Boston Map
- 1880 County and township map of the states of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
Rhode Island Map Links
- Rhode Island Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Rhode Island Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Rhode Island Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Road and hand book of Massachusetts and Rhode Island (search.ancestry.com)
- Historical Maps of Rhode Island (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Rhode Island Maps Description (ancestry.com) from Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources.
- Old Maps of Rhode Island (old-maps.com)
- Rhode Island Map Books (amazon.com)