Maps of Colorado are generally an invaluable area of ancestors and family history research, particularly if you live faraway from where your ancestor lived. Since Colorado political boundaries oftentimes changed, historic maps are essential in helping you find out the exact location of your ancestor’s home town, just what land they owned, just who their neighbors happen to be, and a lot more.
Maps of Colorado typically have a tendency to be an excellent resource for how to get started with your own research, given that they give substantially beneficial information and facts right away. Colorado Maps can be a major source of important amounts of information and facts on family history.
Colorado borders Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah and Wyoming. Colorado’s 10 largest cities are Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Fort Collins, Lakewood, Thornton, Westminster, Arvada, Pueblo and Centennial. Learn more about Historical Facts of Colorado Counties.
Interactive Map of Colorado County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Colorado
These are scanned from the original copies so you can see Colorado and Colorado counties as our ancestors saw them over a hundred years ago. Some Colorado maps years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the avid genealogist in Colorado.
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Colorado
The Colorado Highway Department has prepared a series of county road maps. These maps contain more detailed information about man-made features than the geological survey maps. In addition to roads and boundaries, these maps include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Colorado Map Links
- Colorado Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Colorado Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Colorado Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Colorado Atlas of Panoramic Aerial Images
- Colorado Maps (colorado-mapsite.com)
- Colorado Congressional Districts (nationalatlas.gov)
- Colorado DOT Bicycling Maps (coloradodot.info)
- Colorado Dept. of Transportation (coloradodot.info)
- Colorado Judicial Districts
- Map of Colorado Counties (quickfacts.census.gov)
- Colorado Map Books (amazon.com)