Maps of New York tend to be an very helpful piece of family history research, especially if you live faraway from where your ancestor was living. Due to the fact New York political borders oftentimes changed, historic maps are important in helping you uncover the precise specific location of your ancestor’s hometown, just what land they owned, exactly who his or her neighbors were, and much more.
Maps of New York usually are likely to be an exceptional source for getting started with your research, given that they give substantially important information and facts quickly. New York Maps is usually a major resource of considerable amounts of information and facts on family history.
The 10 largest cities in New York are New York City, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Syracuse, Albany, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Schenectady and Utica.
Learn more about Historical Facts of New York Counties.
Interactive Map of New York County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of New York
- 1776 The Provinces of New York, and New York; with part of Pensilvania
- 1795 Map of New York
- 1804 Atlas Map of New York
- 1814 Atlas Map of New York
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of New York
- 1827 Map of New York State. (inset) Profile of the Levels of the Grand Erie Canal
- 1836 A New Atlas Map Of New York with its Canals, Roads & distances from Place to Place along the Stage & Steam-boat Routes
- 1845 Map of New York
- 1845 Map of New York and vicinity
- 1845 Atlas Map of New York City
- 1856 map of Connecticut With Portions Of New York & Rhode Island Map
- 1856 Map of New York. (with) two inset maps: Vicinity Of Niagara Falls, … New York Atlas Map
- 1856 Map Of New York And The Adjacent Cities Atlas Map. (with) Continuation Of The City & County Of New York On A Reduced Scale
- 1880 County map of New York state. (with) Buffalo. (with) Rochester. (with) West Troy, Troy. (with) Albany. (with) Harbor and vicinity of New York
- 1880 map of New York City and Brooklyn
New York Map Links
- New York Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of New York (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- New York Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Atlases of New York city (digitalgallery.nypl.org)
- New York Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Old Maps of New York (old-maps.com)
- New York Map Books (amazon.com)
[…] New York county map – 1838, courtesy of Mapofus.org. […]
[…] when all the New York state counties mentioned had been brought into existence (see e.g. “Interactive Map of New York County Formation History“), there were indeed not many local newspapers. There may be some errors below, but […]