Maps of South Carolina tend to be an very helpful element of genealogy and family history research, particularly if you live faraway from where your ancestor was living. Since South Carolina political borders frequently changed, historic maps tend to be crucial in assisting you discover the precise specific location of your ancestor’s hometown, just what land they owned, who their neighbors ended up being, and a lot more.
Maps of South Carolina typically are likely to be an outstanding source for starting out with your own research, simply because they give considerably important information and facts right away. South Carolina Maps are usually a major source of considerable amounts of details on family history.
South Carolina borders Georgia and North Carolina. South Carolinas 10 largest cities are Columbia, Charleston, North Charleston, Rock Hill, Greenville, Sumter, Florence Spartanburg, Goose Creek and Aiken.
Learn more about Historical Facts of South Carolina Counties.
Interactive Map of South Carolina County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of South Carolina
- 1776 Atlas North And South Carolina Map
- 1776 Atlas Map Of South Carolina With Its Indian Frontiers (Southern Section)
- 1804 Map of South Carolina
- 1814 Atlas Map of South Carolina
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of South Carolina
- 1827 Map of North and South Carolina, and Georgia
- 1836 A Atlas New Map Of South Carolina With Its Canals, Roads & Distances from place to place, along the Stage & Steam Boat Routes (with) Charleston
- 1845 Atlas Map of South Carolina
- 1856 Map of South Carolina (with) Plan Of Charleston, Vicinity & Harbor
- 1856 The City Of Savannah Georgia (with) The City of Charleston South Carolina Maps
- 1880 Map of North and South Carolina. (with) Plan of Charleston
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of South Carolina
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
South Carolina Map Links
- South Carolina Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of South Carolina (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- South Carolina Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Sanborn Fire Insurance maps of South Carolina (library.sc.edu)
- South Carolina Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)