Maps of South Dakota are an vital element of family history research, especially if you live faraway from where your ancestor lived. Since South Dakota political borders oftentimes changed, historic maps are critical in helping you discover the precise specific location of your ancestor’s home town, what land they owned, just who his or her neighbors happen to be, and more.
Maps of South Dakota usually are likely to be an exceptional source for starting out with your research, since they provide you with significantly useful information and facts instantly. South Dakota Maps can be a major source of considerable amounts of information and facts on family history.
South Dakotas 10 largest cities are Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Aberdeen, Brookings, Watertown, Mitchell, Yankton, Pierre, Huron and Vermillion.
Learn more about Historical Facts of South Dakota Counties.
Interactive Map of South Dakota County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of South Dakota
South Dakota Map Links
- South Dakota Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of South Dakota (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- South Dakota Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- South Dakota Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- South Dakota Map Books (amazon.com)