Maps of Oregon are generally an crucial element of genealogy and family tree research, notably if you live far from where your ancestor lived. Given that Oregon political borders oftentimes changed, historic maps are generally significant in assisting you discover the precise specific location of your ancestor’s home, just what land they owned, exactly who their neighbors happen to be, and a lot more.
Maps of Oregon generally have a tendency to be an excellent resource for starting out with your research, since they give significantly useful information and facts immediately. Oregon Maps can be a major resource of important amounts of details on family history.
Oregon’s 10 largest cities are Portland, Eugene, Salem, Gresham, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Bend, Medford, Springfield and Corvallis.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Oregon Counties.
Interactive Map of Oregon County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Oregon
- 1856 Atlas Map of Oregon And Washington
- 1866 Map of Oregon
- 1880 Map of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and part of Montana
Oregon Map Links
- Oregon Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of Oregon (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Oregon Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Oregon Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Oregon Map Books (amazon.com)