Maps of Michigan are an invaluable element of genealogy and family tree research, especially in the event you live faraway from where your ancestor was living. Because Michigan political borders sometimes changed, historic maps are generally important in helping you find out the precise location of your ancestor’s home, just what land they owned, just who their neighbors ended up being, and a lot more.
Maps of Michigan generally tend to be an excellent source for getting started with your research, given that they provide considerably useful information and facts immediately. Michigan Maps can be a major resource of significant amounts of information on family history.
The largest cities (2010) are Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Sterling Heights, Lansing, Ann Arbor, Flint, Dearborn, Livonia and Clinton Township.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Michigan Counties.
Interactive Map of Michigan County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Michigan
- 1822 Geographical Historical And Statistical Map Of Michigan Territory
- 1827 Map of the States of Ohio Indiana & Illinois and Part of the Michigan Territory
- 1836 Map Of Michigan with its Canals Roads & Distances
- 1845 Michigan Map
- 1856 Michigan Map
- 1856 Lake Superior And The Northern Part Of Michigan
- 1866 Sketch of the Public Surveys in Michigan
- 1880 County and township map of the states of Michigan and Wisconsin
- 1880 Plan of Detroit
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Michigan
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Michigan Map Links
- Michigan Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of Michigan (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- USGenWeb Archives Michigan Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Michigan Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Michigan Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (loc.gov)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Michigan Gazetteer 1839 (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Bibliography of the printed maps of Michigan 1804-1880 : with a series of over one hundred reproductions of maps constituting (ancestry.com)
- Michigan Map Books (amazon.com)