Maps of West Virginia are an invaluable element of genealogy and family history research, particularly if you live faraway from where your ancestor lived. Because West Virginia political borders oftentimes changed, historic maps are essential in assisting you uncover the exact location of your ancestor’s hometown, exactly what land they owned, just who his or her neighbors were, and a lot more.
Maps of West Virginia generally tend to be an outstanding reference for starting out with your research, because they provide substantially valuable information and facts right away. West Virginia Maps is usually a major resource of significant amounts of details on family history.
West Virginia borders Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia. West Virginia’s 10 largest cities are Charleston, Huntington, Parkersburg, Wheeling, Morgantown, Weirton, Fairmont, Beckley, Clarksburg and Martinsburg. Learn more about Historical Facts of West Virginia Counties.
Contact us if you have a map of West Virginia or link to a West Virginia Map you would like to see listed.
Interactive Map of West Virginia County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of West Virginia
- 1795 Map of Virginia
- 1804 Map of Virginia
- 1814 Atlas Map of Virginia
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of District of Columbia
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Map Of Virginia
- 1827 Map of Virginia and Maryland (inset) Plan of Washington City & Georgetown
- 1836 A New Atlas Map Of Virginia With Its Canals, Roads & Distances from place to place, along the Stage & Steam Boat Routes
- 1845 Atlas Map of Virginia
- 1856 Atlas Map of Virginia with two inset maps: Richmond Henrico County, Manchester and Springhill Chesterfield Co.; Norfolk, Portsmouth And Gosport
- 1880 County Map of West Virginia and Virginia
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of West Virginia
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
West Virginia Map Links
- West Virginia Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- West Virginia Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- West Virginia Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Historical Maps of West Virginia (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- West Virginia Map Books (amazon.com)