Maps of Maryland tend to be a vital area of ancestors and family history research, notably in the event you live faraway from where your ancestor lived. Due to the fact Maryland political borders often changed, historic maps are critical in assisting you find out the precise specific location of your ancestor’s home, exactly what land they owned, just who their neighbors were, and more.
Maps of Maryland usually have a tendency to be an outstanding resource for how to get started with your research, given that they provide you with substantially useful information and facts quickly. Maryland Maps is usually a major source of substantial amounts of information and facts on family history.
The largest cities are Baltimore; Frederick, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Bowie, Hagerstown, Annapolis, College Park, Salisbury and Greenbelt.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Maryland Counties.
Interactive Map of Maryland County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of MarylandDisclaimer: All Maryland maps are free to use for your own genealogical purposes and may not be reproduced for resale or distribution.Source: David Rumsey Historical Map Collection
1795 Map of Maryland
1804 Maryland Atlas Map
1814 Atlas Map of Maryland
1822 Map Of District of Columbia
1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of District of Columbia
1822 Map of Maryland
1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of Maryland
1827 Map of Virginia and Maryland
1827 Map of Virginia and Maryland, Constructed from the Latest Authorities. (inset) Plan of Washington City & Georgetown
1836 Atlas Map Of Maryland and Delaware
1836 Atlas Map Of Maryland and Delaware with their Canals, Roads & Distances(with) Baltimore. Entered … 1833
1845 Maryland Map
1845 Maryland and Delaware (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
1856 Maryland Map
1856 Delaware And Maryland. (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
1856 City Of Baltimore Maryland Atlas Map
1856 Georgetown And The City Of Washington Map
1856 Georgetown And The City Of Washington The Capital Of The United States Of America Atlas Map
1880 Plan of Baltimore
1880 Map of Maryland
1880 County map of New Jersey. County map of Maryland and Delaware
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Maryland
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Maryland Map Links
- Maryland Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of Maryland (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Maryland State Archives Map Collections (mdsa.net)
- Maryland Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Maryland Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Maryland USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- University Libraries Maryland Map Collection (lib.umd.edu)
- The Huntingfield Map Collection (msa.md.gov)
- Maryland Map Books (amazon.com)