Maps of Oregon are generally an crucial element of genealogy and family tree research, notably if you live far from where your ancestor lived. Given that Oregon political borders oftentimes changed, historic maps are generally significant in assisting you discover the precise specific location of your ancestor’s home, just what land they owned, exactly who their neighbors happen to be, and a lot more.
Maps of Oregon generally have a tendency to be an excellent resource for starting out with your research, since they give significantly useful information and facts immediately. Oregon Maps can be a major resource of important amounts of details on family history.
Contact us if you have a map of Oregon or link to a Oregon Map you would like to see listed.
Interactive Map of Oregon County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Oregon
These are scanned from the original copies so you can see Oregon and Oregon counties as our ancestors saw them over a hundred years ago. Some Oregon maps years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the avid genealogist in Oregon.
- 1856 Atlas Map of Oregon And Washington
- 1866 Map of Oregon
- 1880 Map of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and part of Montana
Oregon Map Links
If the researcher wants to plot mining claims, do on-site research, locate a specific town, find a cemetery, or perform any of several other actions, maps are absolutely essential. One helpful map by Ralph N. Preston is Historical Oregon: Overland Stage Routes, Old Military Roads, Indian Battle Grounds, Old Forts, Old Gold Mines. That map collection begins with a trail map from Lewis and Clark’s 1804 expedition and includes multiple other maps, including maps listing old Indian battle grounds, mining areas, forts, military roads, and stage routes. The Oregon Department of Transportation also has great county and city maps on file.
- Oregon Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Oregon Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Oregon Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Historical Maps of Oregon (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Oregon Maps Description (ancestry.com) from Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources.
- Oregon Map Books (amazon.com)