Maps of New Jersey are an invaluable part of genealogy and family history research, particularly in case you live far from where your ancestor was living. Due to the fact New Jersey political borders often changed, historic maps are generally significant in assisting you uncover the precise location of your ancestor’s home, exactly what land they owned, exactly who his or her neighbors were, and much more.
Maps of New Jersey generally are likely to be an exceptional resource for starting out with your own research, simply because they provide considerably useful information and facts quickly. New Jersey Maps can be a major resource of important amounts of details on family history.
States the border New Jersey are New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware. The 10 largest cities in New jersey are Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Edison, Woodbridge, Lakewood, Toms River, Hamilton and Trenton. Learn more about Historical Facts of New Jersey Counties.
Contact us if you have a map of new jersey or link to a New Jersey Map you would like to see listed.
Interactive Map of New Jersey County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of New Jersey
These are scanned from the original copies so you can see New Jersey and New Jersey counties as our ancestors saw them over a hundred years ago. Some New Jersey maps years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the avid genealogist in New Jersey.
- 1776 The Provinces of New York, and New Jersey; with part of Pensilvania
- 1795 Map of New Jersey
- 1804 New Jersey Atlas Map
- 1814 Atlas Map of New Jersey
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of New Jersey
- 1827 Map of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware
- 1836 Atlas Map Of New Jersey
- 1845 New Jersey Map
- 1856 New Jersey Atlas Map
- 1880 County map of New Jersey. County map of Maryland and Delaware
- 1880 Plan of the city of Philadelphia and Camden
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of New Jersey
The New jersey Highway Department has prepared a series of county road maps. These maps contain more detailed information about man-made features than the geological survey maps. In addition to roads and boundaries, these maps include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
New Jersey Map Links
- New Jersey Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- New Jersey Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- New Jersey Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Historical Maps of New Jersey (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- New Jersey Map Books (amazon.com)