Maps of Minnesota are generally an vital area of genealogy and family history research, particularly if you live faraway from where your ancestor was living. Due to the fact Minnesota political boundaries often changed, historic maps are generally important in helping you find out the exact specific location of your ancestor’s home, what land they owned, just who their neighbors were, and more.
Maps of Minnesota often have a tendency to be an outstanding resource for getting started with your own research, because they provide considerably important information and facts immediately. Minnesota Maps are usually a major source of substantial amounts of information on family history.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Minnesota Counties.
Interactive Map of Minnesota County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Minnesota
- 1856 Minnesota Map
- 1866 Sketch of the Public Surveys in the State of Minnesota
- 1880 County map of Minnesota
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Minnesota
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Minnesota Map Links
- Minnesota Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of Minnesota (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Minnesota Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- Minnesota Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Historic Township Plats (state.mn.us)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Air Photography 1930’s & 1950 (state.mn.us)
- County Subdivision Outline Map and County Location Index (census.gov)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Minnesota USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Minnesota County Subdivision Outline Map and County Location Index (census.gov)
- Minnesota Map Books (amazon.com)