Maps of Delaware are an invaluable piece of ancestors and family history research, especially if you live far from where your ancestor was living. Due to the fact Delaware political boundaries often changed, historic maps are crucial in assisting you find out the precise specific location of your ancestor’s hometown, exactly what land they owned, just who their neighbors happen to be, and a lot more.
Maps of Delaware usually have a tendency to be an outstanding reference for starting out with your research, simply because they give considerably important information and facts right away. Delaware Maps can be a major resource of important amounts of information on family history.
Interactive Map of Delaware County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Delaware
These are scanned from the original copies so you can see Delaware and Delaware counties as our ancestors saw them over a hundred years ago. Some Delaware maps years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the avid genealogist in Delaware.
- 1795 Delaware Map
- 1804 Delaware Atlas Map
- 1814 Atlas Map of Delaware
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of Delaware
- 1827 Map of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware
- 1836 Atlas Map Of Maryland and Delaware with their Canals, Roads & Distances(with) Baltimore
- 1845 Maryland and Delaware (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
- 1856 Delaware And Maryland. (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
- 1880 County map of New Jersey. County map of Maryland and Delaware
Delaware Map Links
- Delaware Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Delaware Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Delaware Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Historical Maps of Delaware (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Delaware Map Books (amazon.com)