Maps of Florida are an vital part of ancestors and family history research, notably in the event you live faraway from where your ancestor resided. Because Florida political boundaries often changed, historic maps tend to be significant in helping you find out the precise location of your ancestor’s home, what land they owned, just who his or her neighbors had been, and a lot more.
Maps of Florida often have a tendency to be an outstanding reference for starting out with your own research, simply because they provide you with substantially useful information and facts immediately. Florida Maps can be a major resource of important amounts of details on family history.
Florida’s 10 largest cities are Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Hialeah, Tallahassee, Fort Lauderdale, Port Saint Lucie and Pembroke Pines.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Florida Counties.
Interactive Map of Florida County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of FloridaDisclaimer: All Florida maps are free to use for your own genealogical purposes and may not be reproduced for resale or distribution.Source: David Rumsey Historical Map Collection
Map of Florida – 1776
1776 Coast Of West Florida and Louisiana…with the Bahama Islands
Map of Florida – 1822
1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of Florida
Map of Florida – 1827
1827 Map of Florida according to the Latest Authorities. The West Indies from the Best Authorities. Comparative Elevation of the Principal Mountains, Cities, &c. in North and South America
Map of Florida – 1836
1836 Florida Atlas map (with) three inset maps: Pensacola, Tallahassee, Harbour of St. Augustine. Entered … 1833
Map of Florida – 1845
1845 Florida Atlas Map
Map of Florida – 1856
1856 Florida Atlas Map
Map of Florida – 1866
1866 Map of the State of Florida
Map of Florida – 1880
1880 County map of Florida. (with) Mobile
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Florida
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Florida Map Links
- Florida Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Old Historical Maps of Delaware (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Delaware Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Florida Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Florida State and Regional Maps: 1500-1599 (5 maps), 1600-1699 (6 maps), 1700-1799 (59 maps), 1800-1849 (32 maps), 1850-1874 (44 maps), 1875-1899 (55 maps), 1900-Present (21 maps).
- PALMM Florida Map Collection (palmm.fcla.edu)
- P. K. Yonge Library of Florida History, University of Florida Libraries in Gainesville (web.uflib.ufl.edu)
- Florida USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- “A Chronology of Florida Post Offices”, 1993 by Bradbury, Alford G.
- “Provisional Historical Gazetteer with Locational Notes on Florida Colonial Communities”, 1974 by Cline, Howard F. .
- “Atlas of Historical County Boundaries: Florida”, 1996 by Long, John H., ed. .
- “English Topographic Terms in Florida, 1563–1874”, 1953 by McMullen, Edwin Wallace.
- “Florida Place Names: Alachua to Zolfo Springs” by Morris, Allen.
- Florida Map Books (amazon.com)