Maps of Maryland tend to be an vital area of ancestors and family history research, notably in the event you live faraway from where your ancestor lived. Due to the fact Maryland political borders often changed, historic maps are critical in assisting you find out the precise specific location of your ancestor’s home, exactly what land they owned, just who their neighbors were, and more.
Maps of Maryland usually have a tendency to be an outstanding resource for how to get started with your research, given that they provide you with substantially useful information and facts quickly. Maryland Maps is usually a major source of substantial amounts of information and facts on family history.
Maryland borders Pennsylvania in the north, Delaware in the east, West Virginia in the west, Virginia in the southwest and Washington, District of Columbia is in its boundies. The largest cities are Baltimore; Frederick, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Bowie, Hagerstown, Annapolis, College Park, Salisbury and Greenbelt.
Interactive Map of Maryland County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of Maryland
These are scanned from the original copies so you can see Maryland and Maryland counties as our ancestors saw them over a hundred years ago. Some Maryland maps years (not all) have cities, railroads, P.O. locations, township outlines and other features useful to the avid genealogist in Maryland.
- 1795 Map of Maryland
- 1804 Maryland Atlas Map
- 1814 Atlas Map of Maryland
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of District of Columbia
- 1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of Maryland
- 1827 Map of Virginia and Maryland, Constructed from the Latest Authorities. (inset) Plan of Washington City & Georgetown..
- 1836 Atlas Map Of Maryland and Delaware with their Canals, Roads & Distances(with) Baltimore. Entered … 1833
- 1845 Maryland and Delaware (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
- 1856 Delaware And Maryland. (with) District of Columbia. Atlas Map
- 1856 City Of Baltimore Maryland Atlas Map
- 1856 Georgetown And The City Of Washington The Capital Of The United States Of America Atlas Map
- 1880 Plan of Baltimore
- 1880 County map of New Jersey. County map of Maryland and Delaware
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Maryland
The Maryland Department of Transportation is pleased to provide highly detailed county maps online. These maps contain more detailed information about man-made features than the geological survey maps. In addition to roads and boundaries, these maps include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Maryland Town Maps
Please Note: The Town Maps range in file size from 109kb to10.3MB; as such, the file for the Town Map that you select may take a few minutes to display fully, please be patient while the file downloads.
The Town Maps on this page are for Maryland’s incorporated towns only. An incorporated town has its own government and defined municipal boundaries. Most commonly, towns are incorporated by acts of the Maryland General Assembly, although sometimes towns are incorporated by referendum.
To view, download, or print PDF files, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Click a town’s link to display its map. Note: Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and Howard County have no incorporated towns.
Maryland Map Links
- Maryland Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Maryland Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Maryland State Archives Map Collections (mdsa.net)
- Maryland Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- Historical Maps of Maryland (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Maryland USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- University Libraries Maryland Map Collection (lib.umd.edu)
- The Huntingfield Map Collection (msa.md.gov)
- Maryland Map Books (amazon.com)