Maps of Illinois are an invaluable area of ancestors and family history research, notably if you live far from where your ancestor was living. Given that Illinois political borders frequently changed, historic maps tend to be important in assisting you uncover the exact specific location of your ancestor’s home town, exactly what land they owned, just who his or her neighbors happen to be, and a lot more.
Maps of Illinois typically are likely to be an excellent resource for getting started with your research, because they give considerably beneficial information and facts instantly. Illinois Maps are usually a major resource of considerable amounts of information on family history.
Illinois 10 largest cities are Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan and Cicero.
Learn more about Historical Facts of Illinois Counties.
Interactive Map of Illinois County Formation History
Old Antique Atlases & Maps of IllinoisDisclaimer: All Illinois maps are free to use for your own genealogical purposes and may not be reproduced for resale or distribution. Source: David Rumsey Historical Map Collection
1776 Mississipi River
1776 Course Of The River Mississipi, from the Balise to Fort Chartres Atlas Map
1822 Geographical, Historical, And Statistical Atlas Map Of Illinois
1827 Map of Illinois
Map of the Illinois, Ohio & Indiana and Part of the Michigan Territory
1836 Atlas Map Of Illinois
1836 A New Atlas Map Of Illinois With Its Proposed Canals, Roads & Distances from place to place, along the Stage & Steam Boat Routes
1845 Atlas Map of Illinois
1856 Atlas Map of Illinois
1856 City of Chigago, Illinois
1856 City Of St. Louis Missouri. (with) The City Of Chicago Illinois Atlas Map
1866 Map of the State of Illinois
1880 County & township map of the state of Illinois with Vicinity of Springfield
1880 Map of Chicago
D.O.T. County Road and Highway Maps of Illinois
To View the Map: Just click the Image to view the map online. In order to make the Image size as small as possible they were save on the lowest resolution.
Illinois Map Links
- Historical Maps of Illinois (alabamamaps.ua.edu)
- Illinois Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Illinois Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers (ancestry.com)
- Illinois Maps – The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (lib.utexas.edu)
- U.S., Indexed County Land Ownership Maps, 1860-1918 (ancestry.com)
- American Memory Map Collection: 1500-2004 (memory.loc.gov)
- Illinois USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library (usgwarchives.net)
- Federal Township Plats of Illinois (1804-1891) (landplats.ilsos.net)
- Illinois Map Books (amazon.com)